Friday, April 23, 2010

Writing Retreat Canned

This week a long-awaited writing retreat with two fellow romance writers was canned due to unexpected family circumstances. I could have wept. I'd looked forward to these few days away for months and had been ripping into my WIP every spare moment so I'd have a clear idea of my direction.

I've felt dispirited the last few days and found it difficult to become engaged again with the WIP.  I know it's only a temporary condition. If I don't get my fingers back to the keyboard it's 'bye-bye' to the dream of being a full-time novelist. And that dream is so close now, I can taste its lovely tang on the tip of my tongue. After a 20-year apprenticeship, I'm not about to let it slip away.

How do other writers cope with the inevitable interruptions in day-to-day life?

No comments:

Post a Comment