Sunday, May 9, 2010

How to Celebrate New E-Book

Well, it's almost here - in a few days time my debut novel will be released as an e-book by The Wild Rose Press. Now, if it came in a paperback I could have a launch, invite a few friends, give some signed copies away, ask the local bookstore if I could do some signing, maybe take copies along to one or two groups in town. But how do you celebrate the launch of an e-book? How do you have a 'virtual' celebration?

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster ride for my family. There's been sadness and reflection, and some angst as layers of the past have had to be peeled away and re-looked at - a painful and upsetting process.

We need some fun. A book launching, especially one so looked forward to for so long, seems like a good idea. I'd love to know how other authors celebrate launching their e-books. All and any ideas are welcome and everyone who leaves a comment before May 12th will go into the draw for a free copy of "Kincaid's Call", my debut novel!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh,
    Congratulations on your release. Sorry I can't offer an suggestions, I only wish I knew how to have an e-book launch myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret - hopefully we'll get some fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leigh,

    Congrats on your new release!
    I was fortunate to line up a few interview around my release date for Howl for a blog tour and emailed the links to my friends and family. Whatever you decide to do, have fun with it.
    Cheers-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mariposa

    Thanks for your good wishes! There were two people who commented on my post so I thought I'd give away a copy to each of you. Could you please email me with your format preference:
    Adobe PDF, Mobi, MNS Reader or HTML.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete