Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Do or Do Not"

This year I'm going to enjoy the flowers.
When I thought about resolutions for 2011, mine seemed a bit hackneyed: Lose weight, get more exercise, write with more commitment. All things that have appeared on previous lists and all ultimately provoking those unsettling feelings of guilt and things left undone.

So I'm not making any earnest resolutions this year. My mantra will be Yoda's: "Do or do not, there is no try." I'm going to listen to more music and enjoy the flowers - that's it.

Do you have resolutions for 2011?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Leigh!

    I'm with you on the "things left undone" feeling. I have no solid resolutions--only to relax and go with the flow!

    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Monique. Enjoy your year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough why sweat it...
    I have a list but its keeeping on going and I have more than a year to achieve.

    going with a flow is cool because the flow is always good..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Janet. Yes, our lists in life do keep growing, don't they - and it's wonderful to always have a project on the go, a book to finish, a lovely meal to prepare or eat, friends and family to share good times with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new Year, Leigh!

    One of my goals this year is to enjoy my first grandchild, due in June. It's a pity the parents live in Seattle - so far away from NZ - but we are very much looking forward to being grandparents:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cherie - I don't think that goal will be too difficult to meet. Congratulations on the soon-to-be-new arrival. I've learned that being a grandparent is a really special experience and I'm truly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete