Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A new contract with The Wild Rose Press


This moody pic of Lanarch Castle suits my new Regency.










I've just signed another contract with The Wild Rose Press, this time for a Regency novella, 'The Duke's Blackmailed Bride'. I've always focused on contemporary category romance but the e-publishing phenomena has presented opportunities for writers to experiment with different MS lengths. I thoroughly enjoyed the shorter length. I also loved writing about and researching the Regency period.

I devoured Georgette Heyer when I was younger and re-reading several of her titles in 2010 was inspirational in writing my own Regency. I don't have a release date yet but will be promoting the new title nearer that date. As always I've found the people at TWRP to be great to work with. The pic is of New Zealand's only castle, Lanarch Castle in Dunedin in the South Island. The moody look of this photograph fits in well with my heroine, Vanessa Fitzwilliam's Regency home. I'll let you know when 'The Duke's Blackmailed Bride' is released. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading the novella, Leigh. Like the pic - I fell in love with Larnach Castle last time I was down south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cody. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Visiting Larnach Castle is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete