Thursday, April 14, 2011

Author Snapshot: AJ Nuest, Romance Author

AJ Nuest, Romance Author
I'm kicking off my new Author Snapshot posts with AJ Nuest whose latest romance, Jezebel's Wish, is up for sale now on The Wild Rose Press website.

Author name: AJ Nuest

Where from: Kouts, Indiana, USA

Genre/s: I currently have stories in the works that include Western Romance, Contemporary Romance, Inspirational, Fantasy, and Suspense.

Latest release/working on: Jezebel's Wish releases April 15th from The Wild Rose Press, When Tessa Leaves under consideration at TWRP, and Flicker under consideration at an Inspirational house in Minneapolis.

The gorgeous cover of Jezebel's Wish
Awards/Recognition/Membership: When Tessa Leaves, First Place, Contemporary Category, Heartland Romance Authors, Show Me the Spark! Contest, 2010; Flicker, Second Place, Inspirational Category, Heartland Romance Authors, Show Me the Spark! Contest, 2010; Jezebel's Wish, Finalist, Dunes and Dreams Picture Perfect Cover Contest, 2011.

Publisher/s: The Wild Rose Press

The hardest thing about being a writer is: No way, No Way, NO WAY is there ever enough time to write. I better live well into my hundreds, or I'll never get all the stories in my head down on paper.

The most rewarding thing about being a writer is: A reader once pulled my book from her purse, opened it to a specific page, and then read back to me a passage that had really touched her heart. In that moment I realized connecting with a reader is the most rewarding thing an author can hope for.

Advice to aspiring writers: Read everything you can get your hands on. All knowledge is worth having and you will learn something new about the craft of writing each time you crack a binding. Pay Attention to your surroundings and live in the moment. This will help you show. Edit, edit and then edit some more. In fact, don't ever assume you're done editing. Because you're not. Pray every day.

What inspires you: Love.

What do you do when you're not writing: Laundry, cleaning, gardening, cooking, tend boo-boos, cheerlead, chauffeur, play games, watch movies and READ!

AJ's Blog: http://ajbooks.blogspot.com/

Follow AJ on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AJNuest

Thanks for this quick snap of your busy writing life, AJ and good luck with the new release!

I'll be posting Author Snapshots regularly - just a quick look at authors published and unpublished. If you'd like to be included please email me. Hey, if you're a romance reader and would like to participate in my Snapshot posts flick me an email. I'd love to hear from you.

14 comments:

  1. Great interview, Leigh!

    AJ, congrats on the release of Jezebel's Wish! I love your answer to the question, 'the hardest thing about being a writer'. So, so true!

    - Alyson Reuben(A TWRP Rose, and a fellow Indiana Hoosier from a small town thirty minutes south of Indianapolis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AJ:

    Congratulations on this very exciting day! It's finally here:) Sending many good wishes your way that Jezebel's Wish is a smashing hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ, Love your pic and the cover for Jezebel's Wish. Best of luck to you!

    Leigh, thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture of AJ! Almost as good as the book jacket!
    Good luck and my you sell tons of your wonderful book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson, Mary, Sandra and Mary (sounds like a lovely poem) thanks so much for stopping by and joining me in wishing AJ all the best. Have a great day (or evening).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alyson! GO HOOSIERS~ Although I must confess, I will ALWAYS be a Packer fan. You can blame all that Wisconsin cheese I ate as a kid. :-) Don't worry, we'll get all the stories done. Don't ask me when, but we will. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Mary! This day has been a whirlwind, that's for sure. Lots and lots of coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra! I posed like that to hide my big German schnozz...my dh took that pic - he did a good job. Thanks so much for the sweet compliment and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra! Thank you so much for stopping by and offering your support. It means the world to me. I just received my box of books yesterday and that cover...it gives me the chills every time. WRP did a fantastic job! SQUEE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leigh, thank you so much for hosting me today. How fun to be your very first author snapshot. I'm so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AJ - you're very welcome. I think your photograph's lovely too - nice and natural. Enjoy this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I messed up - going too fast, I guess. I mean to say Thanks to the OTHER Mary about the big German schnozz... Sorry, Mary! I didn't forget about you! Thanks for stopping in to visit Leigh's blog! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. AJ-

    Congrats on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Sarah! I'm so excited about joining the ranks of such great authors. Whoo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete