Friday, August 2, 2013

How do you Read?


Reading and eating are two of my favourite things - why not do them together!

I know lots of people like to read in bed. As a rule I'm not one of them. My shoulder gets cold, my arm gets stiff, my fingers get sore, the pillows slip, the book's too big, the sheets get wrinkled, the light's not good enough. Mostly when I finally get to bed I just want to go to sleep!

As a digitally published author, you'd think I'd use my Kindle all the time. I don't. It's usually buried at the bottom of my handbag under countless other things I rarely use and never quite manage to unearth. Shame on me.

I'm ashamed to tell you what else I found at the bottom of my handbag.
I prefer to read curled up in a chair, or on the couch with my feet on the coffee table or in a sunny spot in winter, sometimes outside in summer. Or you might find me with my nose buried in a book at the breakfast or dinner table. I know, it's terribly unmannerly but reading and eating are two of my favourite things - why not save time and do them both together? (In case you're wondering, did I use the excuse of a photo shoot to cook myself a yummy breakfast? Absolutely!).

 How do you like to read?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh. I read any place I can--bed, chair, table, tub, while I'm waiting for an appointment. I always throw a book in my purse or in the car, just in case. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. Thanks for stopping by. My daughter reads the same way - except she uses her Kindle and takes it everywhere. As a busy young mum she needs to grab every moment she can!

      Delete
  2. I don't read in bed either, Leih. My two favorite places are in my living room on the love seat with my legs stretched out and feet up, or outdoors in a lawn chair.

    ReplyDelete